The Budget, Tax Rate, and Audit Workshop is designed for elected officials and staff who have a role in developing or implementing the city budget.
This full-day workshop will cover:
- The basics of the budget and tax rate setting process
- Forecasting municipal revenue
- How the budget serves as a road map to city staff
- The key components of the annual financial report
- The top five issues discovered by the audit
- How politics can play into the budget, tax rate, and audit process
All workshop participants will receive a copy of the TML Revenue Manual for Texas Cities, which discusses nearly every known source of municipal revenue from property and sales taxes, to raffles and cemetery taxes.